1. Slip DressesImage Source: FashionMommy.com Image Source: TheFashionablyBroke.com Image Source: MissesDressy.com Image Source: DressMePerfect.com
2. Logo T-ShirtsImage Source: MissInfo.TV
3. Frayed Denim Shorts & SkirtsImage Source: Where To Get It Image Source: GlamRadar.com Image Source: GlamRadar.com Image Source: JustTheDesign.com
4. Off The Shoulder EverythingImage Source: JustTheDesign.com Image Source: JustTheDesign.com Image Source: JustTheDesign.com Image Source: JustTheDesign.com
5. Halter BikinisImage Source: Pinterest.com Image Source: WhereToGetIt.com
6. Graphic PursesImage Source: BellaMumma.com Image Source: JustTheDesign.com
7. Exaggerated SleevesImage Source: Elan Image Source: Pinterest.com Image Source: Elan
8. Slipper MulesImage Source: TrendSurvivor.com Image Source: NYDailyNews.com
9. Gladiator SandalsImage Source: apairandasparediy.com Image Source: JustTheDesign.com Image Source: Pinterest.com Image Source: Pinterest.com
10. Lace Up SandalsAbitofsass.com Wheretogetit.com Songofstyle.com
April marks the beginning of prom season for the teen world. While prom dress shopping can be super stressful, it doesn't have to be. This can be a wonderful mother-daughter bonding activity and we wanted to share some suggestions along with a prom dress guide by body type to help you find the perfect dress for your prom night.
Call Ahead & Start Shopping Early
You'll want to start as early as you can so that you will have a wide selection of dresses to choose from. Also, if you have to order you a dress to get your size or color you want to have time for that along with alterations if they are needed. Call the store and ask if they carry dresses and to let them know you are coming in. If you can make an appointment you should do so to get that one-on-one attention.
You want to wear the undergarments that you would be wearing during prom night. That way if you need something you can ask the sales associate what they would recommend with the style of dress you are purchasing. This is essential so you know exactly what your dress will look like the night of, you don't want your bra straps hanging out on prom night. Bring a pair of heels with you to try on dresses. You want to make sure the dress is tall enough or if it needs to be altered.
Don't Be Afraid To Try On Everything
You may think you won't like a dress but you'll never know until you try it on. Sometimes you may think a dress wouldn't be flattering and it looks amazing on you. Some dresses may not look like much on the rack but once off the hanger it may look stunning on. You may have your heart set on one style but after trying on an another dress you find that style flatters your body much more.
Be Open To Different Colors & Styles
Trust me, there have been so many times that i've had my heart set on a specific color and style only to end up getting something completely different. Be open to trying colors that may not be what you were imagining, you may end up surprising yourself.
Keep Your Shopping Party Small
You don't want to go shopping for your prom dress with a large group. While it may sound like fun, it may be more of a challenge then you may think. Go with one or two people that you know you can find something you love and feel great in with. You want someone who will give their honest opinion, moms are the best with this and will always tell you the truth.
Prom Dress Style By Body Type
Apple: The midsection is where you want to keep the attention away from so you want to look for a dress that has a high empire waist. You can also wear an embellished top that draws the eye to your upper body.
Short: You may not want to go for a longer dress but instead a more petite dress. Maybe something that comes knee length and doesn't make you look shorter.
Tall: You will be able to wear a full-length dress and these dresses look great on girls of a certain height. You can accentuate your long and lean physique with a fitted dress or go with a long flowing gown or dress with a slit.
Slim: Look for fitted gowns or gowns with a cinched waist or belt that will help give you curves and dimension.
Hourglass: Girls with an hourglass shape tend to be curvy and can wear virtually any style of dress. Your bust and hips are proportionate to each other and your body is balanced. You will want to accentuate your best asset, which is usually your waist.
Pear: You will want a dress that has a fitted top and fuller bottom. You're going to want to stay away from mermaid-style gowns. With a pear body type your waist is your best asset, so be sure to flaunt it! You want to add volume to your upper body, emphasize your small waist and de-emphasize your lower body to create a balanced silhouette. We recommend a dress with a fitted open neck or strapless top and full or A-line skirt to hide a wider hip.